Layout

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

New Master Bedroom

I'm a little late in posting this, but I wanted to share our master bedroom makeover. We were the crazy family who decided to make over our bedroom 2 weeks before Christmas. Needless to say, this didn't leave a lot of time & so I failed to get 'before' pics.

To give you an idea of our dramatic change, this was the same style & color scheme of bedding we had before:
Cute, huh? Not bad if your 16. It was definitely time for an upgrade! We wanted a happy medium between "More Adult" but still "Young and Fresh".  Here is what we came up with:



DIY Headbaord . . And When I say DIY, I mean Tim Did It Himself. My favorite part of our room (obviously!)


I love You Because Board. .

DIY (Tim again) re-finished dresser.

We found the hardware at Michael's in the Clearance sections for $2 a pop!
Accent Wall. .



I dont have a close of our curtains. . but here is a secret I'm excited to share: They are shower curtains. Yup, I said it. Shower Curtains as part of a Window Treatment? I have to admit. . I was a little nervous that it wouldn't come together the way I had hoped, but it actually looks pretty good.

We still have a few wall hangings to put up & I will post those soon, but I wanted to share what we've done so far. Tell me what you think. I'm excited to hear your feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment